Jann was created by writer Don Rico and artist Jay Scott Pike in the anthology title Jungle Tales #1 (Sept. 1954), published by Marvel Comics’ 1950s predecessor, Atlas Comics. Jann of the Jungle is really Jane Hastings, a circus trapeze artist and animal trainer. When she comes to the jungle as a stunt double for the female star of an adventure movie, the natives on the set acclaim her as ‘Jann’. Many years ago, a white woman was the friend and protector of the Africans but she met a white man who was a lion hunter and left with him. This was Jane Hastings’ grandmother. Feeling at home in the verdure, Jane decides to stay on as the new ‘Jann of the Jungle’. Cinematographer/photographer Pat Mahoney stays too, to watch over the new Jann. Jungle Tales was renamed Jann of the Jungle starting with issue #8 (Nov. 1955). The series continued to issue #17 (June 1957). Since then, the character has made a handful of appearances, among them a non-canonical, alternate history story in What If #9 (June 1978).
Free Comics Download
Jann of the Jungle #8 – 17 (1953-1955)
Language : English | Year : 1953-1955 | Size : 331 MB
- If you have any difficulties to download the files, please refer to this how-to download page.
- All of the comic files are packed on .CBR and/or .CBZ file formats. Here are some of the reader apps that i can recommend : YAC Reader (Win, OSX, Linux, iOS), ComicRack (Win, Android, iOS), CDisplayEx.
- To extract any compressed files, I recommend using 7-Zip.
- If you encounter any broken links or corrupt files, please write on the comment section or message me through the contact form.
- Want to see all the comic list? Please go to this page.