The medium didn’t appear to be ready for “Brother Power the Geek”, envisioned by writer Joe Simon and artist Al Bare. Simon’s mod re-imagining of Frankenstein’s monster – a mannequin turned reclusive hero – philosopher – was a trip that lasted only two issues. Bizarrely though, the latter of those issues actually sold better than the first, and the debate as to why Brother Power fizzled out has continued to this day. On the run from a biker gang called the Mongrels, flower children Nick and Paul squatted inside an abandoned tailor shop, where a bolt of lightning struck a dummy dressed in oil-soaked, blood-stained clothes. The dummy sprang to life, and, through extraordinary displays of power, rescued the two hippies from the returning mongrels. Teaching the mannequin how to speak their hip language, Nick and Paul welcomed the Geek as one of their own. With that, Brother Power’s journey of self discovery began…and abruptly ended.
From the Geek’s inception, when he was originally conceived as the “Freak” internal constituents within DC had feared that Simon’s rag-tag protagonist endorsed drugs and the hippie counter culture. So before Brother Power could spread his peace-loving word for a third issue, the series was brought to a halt.
Free DC Comic Download
Brother Power The Geek #1 – 2
Language : English | Year : 1968 | Size : 39 MB
- If you have any difficulties to download the files, please refer to this how-to download page.
- All of the comic files are packed on .CBR and/or .CBZ file formats. Here are some of the reader apps that i can recommend : YAC Reader (Win, OSX, Linux, iOS), ComicRack (Win, Android, iOS), CDisplayEx.
- To extract any compressed files, I recommend using 7-Zip.
- If you encounter any broken links or corrupt files, please write on the comment section or message me through the contact form.
- Want to see all the comic list? Please go to this page.