The Story – Headline Comics (For The American Boy) #1 – 77 (1943-1956)
Headline Comics (For The American Boy) #1 – 77 (1943-1956) : Headline Comics (For The American Boy) was an American comics magazine published by Prize Comics (under the indicia titles American Boys’ Comics, Inc. for 21 issues, and Headline Publications, Inc. for 26 issues) from February 1943 – October 1956. The comic was transformed from a boy superhero/adventure title to a crime comic in 1947, with issue #23 (March). The publication became an anthology of the deeds of gangsters and murderers. The original focus of the comic was the Junior Rangers.
The alteration was the work of Joe Simon and Jack Kirby. The first feature which Simon and Kirby did for Headline Comics was the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. The popularity of the switch in comic genres was sufficient to introduce a companion crime comic, Justice Traps The Guilty, in October/November 1947. Simon and Kirby differed from other comic competitors by turning out a crime comic which showed restraint in regard to sex and violence.
Free Comics Download
Headline Comics (For The American Boy) #1 – 77
Language : English | Image Format : JPG | Year : 1943-1956 | Size : 3.3 GB
- If you have any difficulties to download the files, please refer to this how-to download page.
- All of the comic files are packed on .CBR and/or .CBZ file formats. Here are some of the reader apps that i can recommend : YAC Reader (Win, OSX, Linux, iOS), ComicRack (Win, Android, iOS), CDisplayEx.
- To extract any compressed files, I recommend using 7-Zip.
- If you encounter any broken links or corrupt files, please write on the comment section or message me through the contact form.
- Want to see all the comic list? Please go to this page.