Ted McKeever is an American comics artist and author.
McKeever first professional work appeared in 1987, when he published the first five parts of his unfinished series Transit (Vortex Comics), establishing his trademark style. This was followed in 1987–1988 by his 12-part series Eddy Current. This “12-hour book” centers on an escapee from an asylum. Obsessed with the exploits of the superhero “The Amazing Broccoli,” Eddy buys a mail-order battery-powered “Dynamic Fusion Suit” and sets out to save the world. The work is quintessential McKeever: darkly humorous, showing an “ordinary” person caught up in extraordinary events. Some of the characters in Eddy Current reappear in Metropol and other later works, similarly from Transit. This series was nominated for the Eisner Awards for Best Single-Issue (#1), Best Black-and-White Series, Best New Series, and Best Artist (for McKeever) for 1988.
His five-parter Plastic Forks (Epic, 1990) explored the world of animal experimentation, albeit in a surreal and comical way. Metropol (Epic 1991–1992) is an epic story of the fight between angels and demons, but set in a modern industrial landscape. An apocalyptic work in which non-entity Jasper Notochord becomes involved in a surreal fight between the forces of good and evil.
The Extremist (Vertigo, 1993), a four-parter written by Peter Milligan, tells the tale of a woman who finds that her husband had a secret life, which she discovers upon his death. Her investigations lead her into a shocking world of extreme sex and violence. McKeever has produced a number of works exploring alternative realities within the world of DC superhero comics. With Randy & Jean-Marc Lofficier, he has produced an Elseworlds trilogy: Superman’s Metropolis, Batman: Nosferatu and Wonder Woman: The Blue Amazon, all retellings of the DC mythos.
In addition to Milligan and Randy & Jean-Marc Lofficier, McKeever has collaborated with comics creators Dave Gibbons and writer and singer Lydia Lunch. Enginehead (DC, 2004), was written by Joe Kelly. In 2010 McKeever worked on a five-part series titled “Meta4” for Image Comics where he has since published his recent projects for Jim Valentino’s Shadowline imprint.
Free Comic Download
Ted McKeever (Collection) Part 1
Language : English | Year : 1987-1994 | Size : 761 MB
- 1987 – Eddy Current (Dark Horse tpb, 1991)
- 1987 – Transit #1-5
- 1989 – Clive Barker’s Hellraiser #1 – Dance Of The Fetus (Epic)
- 1990 – Plastic Forks (Epic)
- 1991 – Metropol (Epic)
- 1992 – Metropol A.D. (Epic)
- 1993 – Eclipso 7-8 (DC – w Keith Giffen, Robert Loren Fleming)
- 1993 – Showcase93 – The Creeper – A Cold Night In Hell (DC – w Keith Giffen, Alan Grant)
- 1993 – The Extremist (Vertigo – w Pete Milligan)
- 1994 – Doom Patrol (Vertigo – w Rachael Pollack)
Ted McKeever (Collection) Part 2
Language : English | Year : 1995-2007 | Size : 314 MB
- 1995 – Engines (DC Legends of the Dark Knight 74-75)
- 1995 – Industrial Gothic (Vertigo)
- 1996 – Batman Black & White #1 – Perpetual Mourning (DC)
- 1997 – Junk Culture (Vertigo)
- 1997 – Metropolis – 1999 – Nosferatu – 2003 – Blue Amazon (DC – w R & J-M Lofficier)
- 1998 – Toxic Gumbo (Vertigo – w Lydia Lunch)
- 1999 – Faith (Vertigo)
- 2000 – Flinch #15 – Grave Wisdom (Vertigo)
- 2000 – The Matrix Comics
- 2002 – Marvel Knights Double Shot #2 – Man-Thing – Memories of Green (Marvel)
- 2002 – Spider-Man’s Tangled Web #18 – Alphabet City (Marvel)
- 2002 – Ultimate Marvel Team-Up – Spider-Man & Dr Strange (Marvel – w BM Bendis)
- 2004 – Enginehead (DC – w Joe Kelly)
- 2006 – Princess of Mars project gallery (IDW – scrapped)
- 2007 – Legion of Monsters Man-Thing – Morgue Amore (Marvel)
- 2007 – Nightmare Factory (1 page sample)
- 2007 – Zombies project gallery (IDW)
- If you have any difficulties to download the files, please refer to this how-to download page.
- All of the comic files are packed on .CBR and/or .CBZ file formats. Here are some of the reader apps that i can recommend : YAC Reader (Win, OSX, Linux, iOS), ComicRack (Win, Android, iOS), CDisplayEx.
- To extract any compressed files, I recommend using 7-Zip.
- If you encounter any broken links or corrupt files, please write on the comment section or message me through the contact form.
- Want to see all the comic list? Please go to this page.