Flash Comics was an anthology comic book published by All-American Publications and later National Periodicals (DC Comics). The title had 104 issues published from January 1940 to February 1949. Although the name of the comic book was Flash Comics, the Flash was only one of many different series featured in the magazine.
The series debuted with a January 1940 cover date and the first issue featured the first appearances of the Golden Age versions of the Flash, Hawkman, and Johnny Thunder. The Flash was later given a solo comic book series, All-Flash which ran for 32 issues between Summer 1941 to January 1948.
Artist Joe Kubert’s long association with the Hawkman character began with the story “The Painter and the $100,000” in Flash Comics #62 (Feb. 1945). The Monocle was introduced in #64 as a new foe for Hawkman.
Carmine Infantino’s first published work for DC was “The Black Canary”, a six-page Johnny Thunder story in Flash Comics #86 (August 1947) that introduced the superheroine the Black Canary. Writer Robert Kanigher and Joe Kubert created the Thorn in issue #89 (November 1947).
Flash Comics was cancelled in 1949 with issue #104. When DC Comics gave the Silver Age Flash, his own comic book series, it received the old numbering of Flash Comics starting at issue #105.
Free DC Comic Download
Flash Comics #1 – 104 Free Download
Language : English | Year : 1940-1949 | Size : 1.4 GB
- If you have any difficulties to download the files, please refer to this how-to download page.
- All of the comic files are packed on .CBR and/or .CBZ file formats. Here are some of the reader apps that i can recommend : YAC Reader (Win, OSX, Linux, iOS), ComicRack (Win, Android, iOS), CDisplayEx.
- To extract any compressed files, I recommend using 7-Zip.
- If you encounter any broken links or corrupt files, please write on the comment section or message me through the contact form.
- Want to see all the comic list? Please go to this page.