The Story – Echo of Futurepast #1 – 9 (1984-1986)
Ambitious if flawed attempt to create a Heavy Metal-style comic. Starting with the artistic line-up of Mike Golden, Neal Adams and Arthur Suydam on “Bucky O’Hare” (#31–6), “Frankenstein” (#1–5) and “Mudwogs” (#1–5) respectively, the title seemed likely to attract a following even if Jean Teule’s “Virus” (#1, 3, 4, 6, 7) and Farley and Mitchell’s “Tippie Toe Jones” (#1, 5–9) were less inspiring. “AE-35” (#6–9) by the little-known Tim Ryan and William Jungkuntz, a science-fiction thriller, showed promise. The real bravery of the title was in including non-US material, but deciding to color it, presumably for commercial reasons, now seems a mistake. Though creditable, the colors hide too much of the subtlety of Toth and Bernet’s work on “Torpedo” (#8, 9) and Giminez’ work on “The Damned City” (#7–9). Apart from “Torpedo,” the real strength of the title is in its artists, and the mix of science fiction, fantasy and thrillers should have provided the variety that keeps as many readers as possible coming back for more. However, it ceased publication with #9, leaving all the stories unfinished.
Free Comics Download
Echo of Futurepast #1 – 9 (1984-1986)
Language : English | Image Format : JPG | Year : 1984-1986 | Size : 305 MB
- If you have any difficulties to download the files, please refer to this how-to download page.
- All of the comic files are packed on .CBR and/or .CBZ file formats. Here are some of the reader apps that i can recommend : YAC Reader (Win, OSX, Linux, iOS), ComicRack (Win, Android, iOS), CDisplayEx.
- To extract any compressed files, I recommend using 7-Zip.
- If you encounter any broken links or corrupt files, please write on the comment section or message me through the contact form.
- Want to see all the comic list? Please go to this page.